Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 AM
grammatjr

Here are pics of my Circle of Prayer quilt for the solider from our church who is serving in
Afghanistan.

This is the original link to my question: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33845-1.htm

This is the one that I had made a mistake when paper piecing, and had a tip of 2 triangles short. So, I had to patch, and since it is a splotchy batik, the patch shows.

I had thought of doing an appliqué over the patches, but am having a hard time thinking of the right appliqué. Someone suggested doing a praying hand to go with the name of the quilt, I suppose I could do the hands from the label?

I also thought maybe just the quilting would hide the patch seam, so cut the seam using the template I made for the quilting. If this would do it, I wouldn’t have to take time to do the appliqué and could get it off sooner!

I plan to make various size circles as the quilting, so cut my patches following one of the templates.

Sorry about the sloppy pics, but I just threw the quilt on the floor to snap the pics while I had the time. Looking at the pics now, I really should have taken a few seconds and smoothed it out! LOL

The label on the back is a log cabin block, done as Sunshine and Shadows, with the Sunshine being larger. One thing I learned from this quilt – don’t print the label till the very last second! I guess the year it was almost done is close enough! LOL I am only a couple months off.

I have written a long letter explaining the language of the quilt’s blocks to further impress upon him that we all love him and are praying for him.

applique idea
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39765[/ATTACH]

patch 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59668[/ATTACH]

patch 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59674[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59675[/ATTACH]

removed name
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59699[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39765.jpe   attachment-59668.jpe   attachment-59673.jpe   attachment-59674.jpe   attachment-59675.jpe  

attachment-59699.jpe