Thread: Singer 201
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Brenda52411

Default Singer 201

I just got lucky and bought a lovely Singer 201 that is a 1952 or 1953 vintage machine. I intend to USE this little girl for sewing.. and I mean USE her, as lovely as she is.

She needs oiling and greasing and a bit of cleaning, but she seems to me (not that I am knowledgeable) in fantastic shape. She doesn't look like has been used much at all, by her previous owner/s. I think she has been sitting for a LONG time, just waiting for someone to come along and adopt her.

ANYWAY, she doesn't have a foot pedal. The lady who sold her to me had a foot pedal for a 301 on her, for demonstration purposes. That foot pedal had that button on it. Hopefully you know what I mean.

Are foot pedals for vintage machines pretty interchangeable, or is there something I need to know when looking for a foot pedal for my gal?

I have a 1934 Featherweight and foot pedal. Will that foot pedal work on her? Obviously, I have not tried. I need to get some oil and grease for her too. I need to get that before I worry too much about the foot pedal.

Do you all use Tri Flow grease and Tri Flow oil?

Thank you,
Brenda