View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:42 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I ask in conversation. Like one of my friends prefers everything store bought. No matter what it is. I have made baby quilts and ended up they never washed it and it got pitched after the dog used it in a whelping bed. Couldn't stand the thought of it in her washer. I used to do a lot of wood craft. Different hat stands as centerpieces for different occasions such as showers an holidays. I won't put a lot of time and effort into a quilt. My girlfriend crochets. She did a complete baby set. Cap, jacket, little leggings and booties and afghan. Absolutely stunning and a lot of work. The mother and grandmother put it under the gift table when we arrived. The Mother-to-be saw and pulled it to the top. She asked if it was ok to save the best for last. When she opened it, she broke into tears, it was the most stunning handmade gift she had ever seen. ribbon woven through the cuffs. Everyone oohed and aahed. The mother and grandmother said, it was bad for homemade craft and you certainly couldn't take it back and get a refund. Mother to be said who would want to get a refund on something so beautiful made with love? But I just ask first.