View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 03:28 PM
sewbeadit

Hi Gray Fox, thank you. I have just been reading a past thread on here from 2013 and they mentioned this needle for this machine DBX1 AKA 16x231, so I am wondering if this is the needle you mentioned? Well it wasn't this machine it was a Transverse machine that looked similar to this one.

There was no needle installed and none with it, so I don't have a clue, but will be careful if I do find some to try out. Funny I had forgotten that I had to have a needle in there to run it, just thought I needed to know how to wind and thread the bobbin.hehehehe, see I am still excited. Thanks for the help.

Does it have a needle installed? If so, remove it carefully, noting the orientation of the long groove and flat side, if there is a flat side. There might not be a stop when the needle is in the correct position. Before removing it, a permanent marker can be used to mark the needle (on front at the point to which it is inserted) to aid getting it back in correctly. This machine might use a 12x1 round shaft needle. Many (but not all) of the transverse machines use this needle.

Dianne in Colorado[/QUOTE]