Regina Hand Crank

Old 08-16-2015, 08:39 AM

Hi all, I have not been able to get on to QB for a long long time and then all of a sudden today it went through, I am glad of that finally!

I went to the TOGA in Seattle and met a lot of very nice people, I took this machine with me and another and the people were happy and very nice to help me figure the threading and the threading of the bobbin, I also bought needles for this and the other machine, so I should be running here soon, I am so thankful.

I also bought three more machines, and will get pics up shortly. I can't tell you how much fun this event was and how wonderful all the machine enthusiasts were! Felt right at home there and enjoyed it immensely.

Thank you for everyone's help and ideas and comments on this great little machine!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:13 PM

Forgot to say they thought it was made by Fister and Rossman, don't know if that is the correct spelling or not. Badged probably for a UK company.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Frister & Rossmann

http://www.sewalot.com/frister_rossmann.htm

http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/frister.htm

http://needlebar.org/main/survresult...ann/index.html

http://ismacs.net/fristerandrossman/home.html (This includes a link to the downloadable manual)

We have one a little earlier then yours, and a later one (1925) that was one of the first machines to have a full reverse, and one of the last to have the "extra bob" on the needlebar drive. (this was the makers of the day trying to simulate the tug that a seamstress would give to each stitch, later dropped for cost savings once folks no longer needed to be convinced to use a machine)

The later one also has an egyptian motif that included a topless sphinx, leading to it's name as "the naked lady" machine.... lol

Last edited by SteveH; 08-17-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post

I went to the TOGA in Seattle and met a lot of very nice people,
I also bought three more machines, and will get pics up shortly. I can't tell you how much fun this event was and how wonderful all the machine enthusiasts were!

What a day it was! Even though I got there late. I bought 3 machines too! I think Captn' Dick can see me coming, lol....

Cari
Old 08-18-2015, 01:02 AM

SteveH, thank you to all of the links and all of that information! It is so helpful and very nice of you to do.

Cari, what fun we had. I am still trying to figure out which person you were,lol. Did you find a place for your machines? I had to move things around but made room! lol
Old 08-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post

Cari, what fun we had. I am still trying to figure out which person you were,lol. Did you find a place for your machines? I had to move things around but made room! lol
I got there really late and brought my new Home head with me. I had the fiddly bits in a baby wipes box. Were you there for the raffle? I won the dry iron and the cam set in the dirty white box.

Cari
Old 08-19-2015, 02:55 AM

Cari, I do think I saw you get your iron! I don't think I would know you again though as I was sitting in the back away from everything, darn it!