Regina Hand Crank

Old 08-06-2015, 06:25 AM

Such a beautiful machine !
Old 08-06-2015, 07:37 AM
Banned

Ahh Transverse.... my favorite!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Banned

Oh! You have to bring this little beauty to the TOGA!

Cari
Old 08-06-2015, 09:39 AM

Thanks all. I do love it. I have found some things out I didn't know last night. I did find it was a Transverse shuttle, or I thought it looked like one.lol I did get the shuttle to fit into the machine. I had thought that part of that assembly was gone, but looked again under the machine and got an idea of what and where the shuttle might go and tried it and it fit and goes smoothly back and forth, yippee. I just now have to figure out how to thread the bobbin. I did get two bobbin's with it, so that is nice, I can look for others now.

So I will keep working to figure out how to get it sewing. I now think it is all there and it is running smoothly so now it is up to me to find info on threading and all of that so I can actually try out the stitches! Thanks for looking at my pics and for any help, I know everyone on this board is great.

I also hope to take it to the Seattle TOGA on next Saturday.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:56 AM

Lovely! The mop adds a charming touch to this nice machine!

Does it have a needle installed? If so, remove it carefully, noting the orientation of the long groove and flat side, if there is a flat side. There might not be a stop when the needle is in the correct position. Before removing it, a permanent marker can be used to mark the needle (on front at the point to which it is inserted) to aid getting it back in correctly. This machine might use a 12x1 round shaft needle. Many (but not all) of the transverse machines use this needle.

Dianne in Colorado
Old 08-06-2015, 03:28 PM

Hi Gray Fox, thank you. I have just been reading a past thread on here from 2013 and they mentioned this needle for this machine DBX1 AKA 16x231, so I am wondering if this is the needle you mentioned? Well it wasn't this machine it was a Transverse machine that looked similar to this one.

There was no needle installed and none with it, so I don't have a clue, but will be careful if I do find some to try out. Funny I had forgotten that I had to have a needle in there to run it, just thought I needed to know how to wind and thread the bobbin.hehehehe, see I am still excited. Thanks for the help.

Does it have a needle installed? If so, remove it carefully, noting the orientation of the long groove and flat side, if there is a flat side. There might not be a stop when the needle is in the correct position. Before removing it, a permanent marker can be used to mark the needle (on front at the point to which it is inserted) to aid getting it back in correctly. This machine might use a 12x1 round shaft needle. Many (but not all) of the transverse machines use this needle.

Dianne in Colorado[/QUOTE]
Old 08-06-2015, 03:41 PM

ooOOOOoooo shiny What is the crank material? China maybe?
Old 08-06-2015, 07:11 PM

The DBX1 needles work in my Jones Vibra handcrank machine, which is a vibrating shuttle. I recall trying one in a transverse shuttle machine, without any luck, but can't remember which machine I tried it with. It is shorter and thicker than the 12x1. Another needle sometimes recommended as suitable for ts machines is MY 1014B (also known as Canu: 34:22:1 and SMx1014B). It is also thicker than the 12x1, but a bit longer.

These alternates are worth trying, and might work in your machine, but I have several transverse machines, most of which use the 12x1. Two exceptions are the Jones Hand and Singer 48K. The 12X1 needles can be found, with patience and luck. They are also known as System 339, and Boye 23.

Have fun with your machine -- and at the Seattle TOGA! I'm sure you can get assistance there with threading the shuttle and fitting the needle.

Dianne in Colorado
Old 08-07-2015, 06:41 AM

Great machine!
Rodney
Old 08-07-2015, 10:38 AM

It's a beautiful machine. Congratulations!