View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
I have been longarming for just over 15 years and still like pinning the backing to the leaders, basting the batting and quilt top to the backing, and attaching the lower portion of the quilt top with pins to the leader. My leaders are a heavy canvas to at first my fingers did get a little sore, but now that the leaders have softened up the pinning is quick and painless. I order Hobbs batting at wholesale prices directly from Waco, TX. I purchase thread and patterns from Linda's Electric Quilting, The Quilted Rose, Dallas Threads, Kingsmen Quilting, Sewthankful, Urban Elementz,Nustyle Quilting, Golden Threads and some others I can't recall at the moment.

Wishing you the best of the best of this great hobby and/or business!!
I have tried the red snappers, and do not like them.....I do not have multiple quilt tops that I am taking on and off the frame, so the zipper leaders are of no real benefit to me......I do pin...(still get stuck, but my backing is on securely, and squarely........I get many of my quilting designs from a mother/daughter small business called My Creative Stitches.....They have some absolutely spectacular designs, and always have something on sale each month......Google them to check out their site........Their designs stitch out beautifully, and they have multiple formats available. Not affiliated, just a VERY satisfied customer........