View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Leann

Hello Beautiful People!

I want to thank everyone for your prayers. My parents STILL do not have a/c. They have had 55 days of +100° days. When DD talked to Sears in an attempt to convey the dangers of an elderly couple in triple digit heat for weeks without end, they put them on the schedule for Sep 1 and on the list to move up in the event of a cancellation. This is NOT the same Sears that my daddy worked for when I was little. This will cost them more than that new unit ever will because of the bad PR. My dad is a retired minister from a big church and they all know what is happening. And of course, I'll NEVER step in their store again.

Pam, I don't know if I've ever talked about Josh's problems. He had a nasty bike wreck last September, messing up his elbow - requiring surgery to repair. The entire incident revealed much deeper issues that he had been suffering with since middle school, with a life-long diagnosis that we did not learn of until February; so severe that it qualifies him for special status at the Univ of Texas. He sees a doctor now who monitors him closely with monthly appointments and blood levels affected by his medication. Sadly, he lost several friends over this, and his girlfriend of 5 years - which compounded the problem. I am praying this new school year sees him opening up and making new friends and getting more involved with groups.

Cindy, I feel for you in the heat. We are hot, but without your heat indexes. I think we hit 107° yesterday, but the heat index was only (ONLY!) 105.

Pat, I am glad that your SIL is getting the care she needs. All this mental illness in our world breaks my heart. It is everywhere and no one seems to know how to deal with it. Lord help you if the police show up. And my doctor tells me to take my meds when I feel I need them, but he also wants me off them before my 6 month mark. I am @ the 9 week mark. I am noticing that when I take a full dose every 6 hours, I feel yucky. I have started taking half doses during the day, and a full dose at bedtime - since that is when I am really miserable. That seems to be working so far - I'm on day 3 of that dosage. Wouldn't say that I'm pain-free, but its manageable. My PT told me that the bursitis in my hips will take a long time to go away. She also gave me new exercises to help with that. She also thinks I will be discharged after 4 more sessions, but told me to continue these exercises for a year. My right knee was my first surgery, and it is also my weakest side. It is visibly more swollen than the left. I still wear my TED (not tent!) hose during the day and sometimes at night when my legs feel like they don't want anything to touch them.

aaarrgh.............DH just walked in and handed me a York Peppermint patty. I wish he would finish the ice cream!