Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: August weight loss

Blog Entries

August weight loss

Augustust Weight Loss 2015Weight Loss Challenge 2015

August 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On August 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On August 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on September 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    August is usually pretty hot so lets find some creative ways to exercise.Early in the morning or in the evening . So I thought a good FQ theme for August would be batiks. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for fall season. We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure August 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for August is batiks.

Blog Entries
    Ok ladies are we ready for a new month. Last month I made a mistake and in one place I put that the theme for July was purple and in another place I put batiks. I plead temporary alzheimers!(or I was on vacation when I posted the thread) The correct theme for August is batiks but either will be fine.
    SO lets all get to work on some healthy eating and exercise. We need to get in shap for all the bad things that tempt us between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here I am again!

Thank you, Pat, for being our hostess.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

I am also in.

Blog Entries
    Is anyone doing the row by row shop hop? I have picked up a few cute ones. I just had a friend send me one I wanted from northern Ohio. It is adorable but OMG looks like it might be a pain to make. It is a mermaid, really cute. The kit was $15 which isn't too bad. It has hand embroidery all over it and tons of beads etc. The embelishment kit for it was $90.(no that isn't a typo) I didn't get one of course. I think it might get the reward for the most difficult row of all of them. The shop is Quilters Fancy in Ohio. I will find a way to do most of it by machine.

How do I join this group?

I'm in for August!
    I am not doing the row by row but I did look up the rows for WI and MN and saw so many cute ones. I'll have to check out that one from Ohio. I wonder how many embellishment kits they have sold.

Blog Entries
    I am going to join again. A year or two ago I won a month with 16 lbs in one month, but then I started gaining it back, and got so discouraged I gave up. But I am in again. No, I am not doing the row by row, but it sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Cats View Post
    How do I join this group?
    It's simple. Just say you want to join. Then join in on the chit chat. Maybe share your favorite diet and fitness tips. If you have some favorite healthy recipes, we'd love to hear about those too. We also love pics of what you are working on.

Blog Entries
    Join!!!!!!! Gosh darn, I need to lose.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

OK I want to join, but not being the sharpest tack on the bulletin board...how do I chitchat? Just by following the August weight loss?

Welcome Two Cats,
    You can subscribe to this thread; just go to 'thread tools'. That helps me find it easiest. Also, to be eligible to win the fat quarters, you need to send a private message to 'meanmom' for her address to send your entry. Then come back here and chat with us a bunch! I also think we are supposed to post at least once weekly to win.

Hoping that everyone is safe and being careful in the heat!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    I need to drop a few before my son's wedding... I'm in for August

Blog Entries
    I was doing so well! I have had a house guest all week. I have been cutting back on carbs and until this week did well. I think I have had more bread this week than I have had in a whole month. UG! We had a girls day yesterday and I when out all day with my 3 SIL. Had a fish sandwich for lunch, it would have been not too bad if it wasn't dripping citrus mayonaise. The we had sub sandwiches for dinner. We just went out to breakfast and I had a sandwich on ciabatta bread, again dripping some sort of fancy mayonnaise, So yummy. On the way home we stopped at the Chocolate Factory. They have all kinds of handmade chocolates. The had a new kind of toffee and he offered us a sample. He accidently cut them too large and asked if that was OK, well hell yeah it is!. We are having bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches and corn for dinner. So bad. My guest leaves tonight. I guess I need to ride my bike 100 or more miles tomorrow to make up for the last few days. I only exercised 2x this past week too.
    Time to start over once again.

Cut my toffee too big, too.
    I'm in. I need to drop 10 pounds and I might as well win some batiks doing it. Sounds confident. Yeah, right. My massage therapist wants me ride my bike or trike more. Between his 'encouragement' and this competition, I just might do it. It's time to declutter my body and my house.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy

When is your son getting married, jmoore? Mine is getting married 10/10 in China. We bought our airline tickets a few days ago and our daughter is driving to Chicago monday to get our visas. I just found out this morning my dress should be a bright color and/or shiny. Yeah, just what I want.....not! Our son also told us it is Chinese tradition for the groom's parents to buy the couple a house. That's not happening! I plan/hope to lose 15 lbs before the wedding. More would be better but probably not realistic.
    I'll take one of the too large samples of toffee!
    I did pretty well last month with my eating and also getting in some walking. Even lost a few pounds. Last night we went to a ballgame and ate ballpark food for our dinner. I even topped it off with a sundae. Was happy to see that I hadn't gained any back when I weighed myself this morning.
    Some of you might remember a couple of months ago I thought I was a day or 2 away from getting under 200 lbs. Well, after gaining 7, I have finally lost those and gotten under 200. Woohoo! Now to figure out how to never get above it again.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you are doing well Pam. Irish I NEED the batiks. (I also need to lose weight) I received your 3 FQ today Pam. I need them too.
    Don't forget to PM me your loss for July. I have heard from a couple of people and the race is close.
    My house guest just left, hopefully I can get back on track. We just ate BLT sandwiches for dinner. Bike ride in the morning. I am going to try for 25 miles.

I just sweat off a pound walking the dogs. Too bad it'll be back as soon as I drink something. When I get hydrated, I'll take the tricycle out. I had some neurothapy dizziness earlier so I'll use the tricycle thought the regular bike is easier to ride.
    Declutter for today? My son had to cut a hole in the laundry room wall to repair thr hot water heater. He fixed the wall, I painted it, but no one sorted through the dog paraphelia that hangs on an expandable rack there.

What do you yoga people wear to class in the summer? Spandex is too hot. Last week I wore cotton knit pants and top. Halfway through, I had the top tucked under my bra to get some my middle some air.

Blog Entries
    I am heading out for a bike ride as soon as I finish breakfast. It is cool this morning but is going to get hot later. Hopefully I can figure out how to hook my new bike rack onto my car so I can load my bike and ride a different section of the bike path. I live about 1 mile from a bike path that some day will go all the way from the bottom of Ohio to the top. Most of it is complete but there are still sections missing. the section I usually ride goes 7 miles out so I have to do part of it 2x or I finish up my ride on the street. There is a new section but for some unknown reaseon it is almost always closed. I have ridden it a couple of times and it is complete, no one knows why they keep closing it.
    I am frustrated with myself because 2 weeks ago I was down 7.5 pounds for the month. Not anymore. All of the bread the last week and a half has killed that. I had bagels, pretzels, pizza, pasta, several sandwiches. Grrr! I was doing so well! New month new start! I am going out to lunch Wednesday and I will behave myself!

Pat, have you announced the fabric theme for Sept & Oct? I'd like to mail my next three entries at the same time, if possible.

TIA.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

I have been gone for awhile, so it is time to get back. I will be mailing off my batik on Monday.

Life has been crazy this past year. A year ago this month, lost my dad while I was enjoying a cruise I won from work. I think he knew he wouldn't see me when I got back, as he gave me the biggest hug ever and told me to enjoy myself. Mom has had it very rough, she is slowly getting back to normal. Also found out that she is diabetic, so with me also being diabetic, I have been encouraging her to cook healthier. Since it is just the two of us, she is doing the cooking since I am working for us. This is really working for us both.

I have also gotten an insulin pump which has my blood sugars in better control and I am doing much better.

Best of luck to all of us who are losing weight.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I am in again for August.
    I accidentally sent my 3 mos worth of FQ's to Cindy. Ooops. She said that she would send them on to you
    I will claim temporary Alzheimer's as well. I have been so busy lately!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Off to go snorkeling today. I am finally getting some excercise in but I have also been packing in some food. The scale I have access to right now is off so I will weigh again when I have my regular scale from home. Now I need to stick to the diet wit out the feed back of daily weigh ins. This is hard for me.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-03-2015 at 05:17 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Anyone want to talk air popcorn? You know the stuff now sold all over with advertising on the bag with how few calories it has per cup. I am on a current kick and am eating 3 to 6 cups a day as part of my diet. I actually replaced my bread, flatout, with 3 cups of popcorn. They are both about a 100 calories. When I air pop my own popcorn it taste like styrofoam but the on in the bag has a couple extra calories per cup for oil and it makes the difference. Any favorites? The brand I am currently eating is Cornopolis 33 calories a cup. Part of why I got this brand is I like the color of the packaging and it was the lowest calories from the three brands at the store.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-04-2015 at 07:27 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Anna, I LOVE popcorn, but it literally HATES me. Tears my stomach up. Of course, if I didn't think I had to eat the whole bucket, might make a difference.

How wonderful that you found a workable substitute for other carbs. Best wishes!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast