Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: August Weight Loss

Blog Entries

August Weight Loss

August Weight Loss
    August 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On August 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On August 31st, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on August 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    IN August we know how hot it gets outside so lets find some creative ways to exercise. So lets see how we can play with some black and white FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is August 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Looks like I am the first one to throw my hat in the ring!

I think I would like to try this..... What is your email addy??
    Retirement, takes all the meaning out of weekends.

Count me in again. I have a few trips planned but hopefully this will keep me honest.
    Maureen

Please include me and send me the address for the fat quarter. Is there a special theme for the fabric being submitted?

For August the fabric theme is black and white.

I'm here again, for the companionship, not doing the fat quarters things.
    Thanks, meanmom.

I'm in again and you have my fat quarter for this month.

I am in again and have already sent in my (3) three fat quarters. I will be out of town traveling for the next 2-3 weeks during August, therefore, I may not check in until the middle or end of August.

Thanks,
    bjsmith57
    bjsmith57

I've finished 100 3" finished paper pieced house blocks, in 1800 reproductions.
    I don't know yet how they will be set, I'm perking some ideas in the back of my mind. It will be a wall quilt hung on the loft railing. When actually stitched those funny notches on the sides disappear into the seams.

Right now I'm playing with some men's shirts; so different!
    8:30 AM and I've got 5100 steps in.

Power on ladies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I didn't realize those houses were so tiny. They are so cute. You made 100 of them? Wow!
    This little girl frustrates me so much! She is 17 mo old now. It is so difficult to get her to take a nap. She can make herself vomit so I can't just lay her down and let her cry. She won't even let me rock her anymore. When she realizes I want her to take a nap she starts gagging. If my car wasn't blocked in by constructions workers I would take her for a drive. Have you ever heard of a bulimic baby? I sure hadn't.

Hmmm, that is really interesting, Pam. Is this your granddaughter? Frustrating, I know. Does she get cranky if she just doesn't take a nap, will she fall asleep on her own, eventually, if you don't try to put her down?

Pretty blocks, Kalama! Can't wait to see what you do with them. 5100 steps by 8:30? Wow!!

Yes, this is my granddaughter. She finally fell asleep at 4. She wanted to see babies, which means watch videos of herself. We sat in the rocker and she soon fell asleep. I let her sleep for 1 1/2 hours. I really needed the break. Grandpa is playing with her now. These 10+ hour days are a challenge sometimes. The vomiting is something she started doing last week. She's such a little smarty. She figured out a way to get to stay up later plus have a bath.
    I've been doing better lately with activity. I try to walk or do something in both the morning and evening. Plus I'm still trying to get up and move every hour if it's a day with a lot of sitting.

KQ, 5100 steps already, good for you!

I remember always being so tired when my boys were little. I'm sure I wasn't eating right and that just added to it.

I looked at a fitbit a few days ago. I just don't want one more electronic thing to keep track of, but everyone who has one seems to enjoy it.

I just had x-rays done of my back. I am so thankful, he said I only have normal degeneration of my discs for my age. I was getting worried about it because of how bad my mom's back is and all the pain I have with mine. He told me to keep the weight down and is sending me to PT for it. I'm looking forward to that and to committing myself to healthy eating and exercise.

Here's to good choices today!

Kalama, your blocks are beautiful. I tried paper piecing many years ago at a quilt shop in Michigan and I would like to eventually try it again. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Equally impressed with your 5100 steps by 0830!

Maureen

How funny! I've been checking the July postings, wondering where everyone had gone. And here you all are- right where you should be! I left a fairly long -for me- post on July a while ago and got a response so I wasn't the only lag behind. Anyway- I am in for the next 2 months. Fat quarters are winging their way to Pat. Will be traveling from August 18th - October 18th, but sticks, scale and computer are coming along. This is the best month of all. Farmer's markets are overflowing most places and everything is yummy. Good luck to all!
    Purl

Blog Entries
    Count me in. I don't lose much, but, at least I am losing!!!!

Love the houses! I love PP...it's the only time my corners/points are perfect!
    Last edited by Pete; 08-02-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Hi,

May I join as well? This sounds fun. Yardage is okay, right?

Thanks,
    Niki

Welcome Niki! Of course you can join us and yes, yardage is fine. Send all you want! jk A quarter yard is a quarter yard whether it is a fat quarter or a linear cut.
    Tonight I watched 2 movies while hand stitching the binding on my table topper. I must be the world's slowest hand sewer. I don't turn it in for the quilt show until wednesday so I am quite proud of myself for getting it finished with 3 days to spare. I will be giving it as a housewarming gift in 10 days. It was the last mystery quilt here on the board.

Thanks!

(I stepped on the scale this morning. Yikes!)

Blog Entries
    The winner for July is Pam H. Pam had an awesome loss of 6.2 pounds. Wow. I can't wait to see what you make out of the beautiful batiks.

Congratulations Pam!

Congrats, Pam, that is good!

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    Congrats, Pam, that is good!
    Yes, congratulations!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast