Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August Weight Loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-weight-loss-t250845.html)

meanmom 07-27-2014 10:43 AM

August Weight Loss

August Weight Loss
August 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
On August 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On August 31st, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on August 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
IN August we know how hot it gets outside so lets find some creative ways to exercise. So lets see how we can play with some black and white FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is August 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Pam H 07-27-2014 07:46 PM

Looks like I am the first one to throw my hat in the ring!

Paattt 07-28-2014 04:34 AM

I think I would like to try this..... What is your email addy??

mateoh 07-28-2014 10:49 AM

Count me in again. I have a few trips planned but hopefully this will keep me honest.
Maureen

sewbeeit42 07-29-2014 11:36 AM

Please include me and send me the address for the fat quarter. Is there a special theme for the fabric being submitted?

Pam H 07-29-2014 07:53 PM

For August the fabric theme is black and white.

KalamaQuilts 07-30-2014 07:31 AM

I'm here again, for the companionship, not doing the fat quarters things.
Thanks, meanmom.

CindyA 07-30-2014 02:15 PM

I'm in again and you have my fat quarter for this month.

bjsmith57 07-31-2014 03:05 AM

I am in again and have already sent in my (3) three fat quarters. I will be out of town traveling for the next 2-3 weeks during August, therefore, I may not check in until the middle or end of August.

Thanks,
bjsmith57

KalamaQuilts 07-31-2014 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've finished 100 3" finished paper pieced house blocks, in 1800 reproductions.
I don't know yet how they will be set, I'm perking some ideas in the back of my mind. It will be a wall quilt hung on the loft railing. When actually stitched those funny notches on the sides disappear into the seams.

Right now I'm playing with some men's shirts; so different!
8:30 AM and I've got 5100 steps in.

Power on ladies.