Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August Weight Loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-weight-loss-t250845.html)

Pam H 07-31-2014 11:43 AM

I didn't realize those houses were so tiny. They are so cute. You made 100 of them? Wow!
This little girl frustrates me so much! She is 17 mo old now. It is so difficult to get her to take a nap. She can make herself vomit so I can't just lay her down and let her cry. She won't even let me rock her anymore. When she realizes I want her to take a nap she starts gagging. If my car wasn't blocked in by constructions workers I would take her for a drive. Have you ever heard of a bulimic baby? I sure hadn't.

CindyA 07-31-2014 11:55 AM

Hmmm, that is really interesting, Pam. Is this your granddaughter? Frustrating, I know. Does she get cranky if she just doesn't take a nap, will she fall asleep on her own, eventually, if you don't try to put her down?

Pretty blocks, Kalama! Can't wait to see what you do with them. 5100 steps by 8:30? Wow!!

Pam H 07-31-2014 03:24 PM

Yes, this is my granddaughter. She finally fell asleep at 4. She wanted to see babies, which means watch videos of herself. We sat in the rocker and she soon fell asleep. I let her sleep for 1 1/2 hours. I really needed the break. Grandpa is playing with her now. These 10+ hour days are a challenge sometimes. The vomiting is something she started doing last week. She's such a little smarty. She figured out a way to get to stay up later plus have a bath.
I've been doing better lately with activity. I try to walk or do something in both the morning and evening. Plus I'm still trying to get up and move every hour if it's a day with a lot of sitting.

silverfoxmag 08-01-2014 06:54 AM

KQ, 5100 steps already, good for you!

CindyA 08-01-2014 09:01 AM

I remember always being so tired when my boys were little. I'm sure I wasn't eating right and that just added to it.

I looked at a fitbit a few days ago. I just don't want one more electronic thing to keep track of, but everyone who has one seems to enjoy it.

I just had x-rays done of my back. I am so thankful, he said I only have normal degeneration of my discs for my age. I was getting worried about it because of how bad my mom's back is and all the pain I have with mine. He told me to keep the weight down and is sending me to PT for it. I'm looking forward to that and to committing myself to healthy eating and exercise.

Here's to good choices today!

mateoh 08-01-2014 09:40 AM

Kalama, your blocks are beautiful. I tried paper piecing many years ago at a quilt shop in Michigan and I would like to eventually try it again. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Equally impressed with your 5100 steps by 0830!

Maureen

Purl 08-01-2014 05:57 PM

How funny! I've been checking the July postings, wondering where everyone had gone. And here you all are- right where you should be! I left a fairly long -for me- post on July a while ago and got a response so I wasn't the only lag behind. Anyway- I am in for the next 2 months. Fat quarters are winging their way to Pat. Will be traveling from August 18th - October 18th, but sticks, scale and computer are coming along. This is the best month of all. Farmer's markets are overflowing most places and everything is yummy. Good luck to all!
Purl

Pete 08-02-2014 06:40 AM

Count me in. I don't lose much, but, at least I am losing!!!!

Love the houses! I love PP...it's the only time my corners/points are perfect!

nlc14 08-02-2014 07:53 PM

Hi,

May I join as well? This sounds fun. Yardage is okay, right?

Thanks,
Niki

Pam H 08-02-2014 08:22 PM

Welcome Niki! Of course you can join us and yes, yardage is fine. Send all you want! jk A quarter yard is a quarter yard whether it is a fat quarter or a linear cut.
Tonight I watched 2 movies while hand stitching the binding on my table topper. I must be the world's slowest hand sewer. I don't turn it in for the quilt show until wednesday so I am quite proud of myself for getting it finished with 3 days to spare. I will be giving it as a housewarming gift in 10 days. It was the last mystery quilt here on the board.