View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Orlinth

Talking Stained Glass Quilts <3

Hello everyone

First of all, thank you for providing such a nice place to come and read/talk/post. As a newer quilter, and of the couple of posts I've posted here, I appreciate the support, advice and comments Invaluable!

So along with the basic paper piecing kit I'd like to try this week, and the 9-patch block I really want to do (I have the perfect batik for it LOL) and the table topper I need to finish, I want to start trying my hand at a stained glass block. I just adore the look of stained glass, and a while back I came across a picture of a stained glass dragon that I thought "Hey, one day I could make that into a quilt top" and by one day, I mean years from now

I have found a ton of tutorials and videos, I've ordered fusible black bias, and will probably find a basic pattern and start this weekend.

For those of you who have done or are doing a stained glass looking quilt, I would love to see pics, hear advice, listen to your experiences, and read your tips, tricks and frustrations.

Also, have any of you used a regular stained glass (not a quilt) pattern? I heard of some very creative souls using them as templates, or should I go from what I can find for quilting?

Thanks in advance, and have a lovely day!