View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Snooze2978

When you go to check on the frame size, take a measuring tape with you as I found out some companies measure from the outside of the frame, others measure from the inside. My old Grace Pro frame was a 10 footer but measured at 129". When I bought my latest machine/frame I got the 12' but they measure from the outside of the frame so you're losing a couple of inches right there. Then you need to subtract the width of your machine wheels closest to the edge and if you ever decide on robotics, it too can possibly take up space. I marked my leaders at both ends to help me remember exactly how far I can go with my machine. I almost lost my machine once as the bumper was too low to stop the machine when I got close to the edge, one wheel rolled right off the frame. Machine is 65# so a bit difficult for me with limited strength these days to push her back onto the frame. I made a new bumper using a large width dowel, added the old bumper to the end and attached it to the frame just above the wheels so it hits the machine carriage.