View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 09:53 PM
quilt938

sounds like you have a lot more restraint than I have! I've always liked sewing machines and had maybe 6 for 'decoration' when my mom started buying them at estate sales and I ended up inheriting them..then got on here to get inspired to pull them out and use 'em and what happens?! I end up adding 3 small size kenmores(1030,1040,1045 I think are the 3 models but they all look kinda the same), kenmore 1802(think this is the number), kenmore 1430(again think this is the number), 201, 15-91, kenmore 48 (who could pass this coollooking thing up?!), fleetwood 15 clone(gosh), singer 128 handcrank, federation jones handcrank, pink atlas...and of all things ANOTHER 500 because it was in a cabinet and i needed a cabinet for something else (like one of the 2-3 500/503s my mom had already gotten!!) that's the most embarrassing thing I can admit to buying (other than coming close to buying a 66 with pretty decals only to finally get to the 2 I have and realize they're the same decals) hoo boy but in fairness my house was so cluttered and had stuff from my mom's stored all around that I couldnt get to etiher at the time- now i can and they're the same decals on both - good thing I love them!

the worst thing I think is I figured when I was falling for all the old black singers that I should look at stuff I KNEW I had ZERO interest in to avoid temptation...so figured the colored machines and handcranks 'cause after all why would I want something that was made by a business that took business away from America or required one hand to turn the wheel?! sigh that's when the clone and atlas bit me and I somehow walked away with 2 handcranks..

I've also been pulling out machines I got from my mom and trying to use them- thought I'd pull out one of the black 301s thinking I could trade it or sell and get something else - fell in LOVE with it and now it's my carry-around machine alternating with one of the featherweights

you just ain't safe you got the bug and all you can hope for is to find bargains! I also have some other machines- an auntpicked one up near where I used to live for $5 (I dont think I should have to count it as a purchase since it's only $5...) and another kenmore I had to have that I'll get in a week or 2 when I"m off work again. sigh....somehow the college kids who cleared all the space for me managed to create room for more machines!