View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 10:09 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by danlynmartin View Post
Has anyone used the scan and cut for appliqué? That is similar to fussy cut but I would think better.
I use the Scan and cut from Brother for so many things. Its great for applique, quilting, it'll even draw those 1/4 seam lines around your blocks, you can scan your fabric in, even several different pieces, and then the machine allows you to put the design on the fabric where you want, which is why its good for fussy cutting or if you have different sections of a block or design you want to cut, you can place it on the different fabric pieces and it'll cut them all at once. I know a lot of people have made comments about only cutting one layer at a time, but it is so fast and you can cut many pieces at one pass that its actually faster. You can cut paper, plastic, leather, scan documents onto your computer, use their online canvas to design your own designs to download onto usb and then cut. They also have a label and jewel designer to make your own. go to Brothers website to check it out. They have them at 3 different price points now, the only difference is what you get with it. From all that I've seen if you can do it, go with the highest price one because you'll pay more for the pieces individually than as a group. They even have special applique cutting fabric now. Check out their projects on the site along with all of the you tubes on it. The best thing is that you don't have to buy dies to use it. I love my Accu cut and love the rag quilter but love the Brother scan and cut even more. good luck but check it out