Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fancy Cut by Accuquilt? >

Fancy Cut by Accuquilt?

Fancy Cut by Accuquilt?

Old 08-15-2015, 11:12 PM

Default Fancy Cut by Accuquilt?

I'm wondering if a "Go" might be helpful for me or not. I like to have fabrics fancy cut. Might this be feasible when using the Go product of Accuquilt or is a blade rotary cutter not much different?
Old 08-16-2015, 03:56 AM
Power Poster

Not sure what you mean by 'fancy cut'. Do you mean Fussy Cut, where you specifically cut around a motif printed on the fabric? If so, then no. It would be difficult to position a GO die accurately on the fabric.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 AM

The problem with fancy cutting would being able to get the fabric and the die to line up. I like my Scan and Cut because I can scan the fabric in, the I know exactly where to put the designs to cut them out. Plus with the Go you are limited to the dies that you have. I love my Go but it would no way replace my Scan and cut. I'm not as limited with the Go. There are learning curves with the SC as with the Go etc but most things are like that now days

The first part of this is assuming you are talking about fussy cutting instead of fancy cutting. I love fussy cutting but not sure what you are talking about that or some type of fancy design.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:14 AM

I agree with romanojg. The scanncut is way more versatile than the diecutters like accuquilt and sizzix. I have sizzix but love my scanncut
Old 08-16-2015, 10:13 AM

I don't have the scant - but I have the Go. When I want to fancy/fussy cut I do use a clear template and use a rotary cutter.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

I have used the Go to make a Stack and Whack. Just be sure all the layers are exactly the same just as you would when using a rotary cutter. For one fussy cut, I would draw the shape around the design, like the square or triangle and then have the drawn line on the blade line of the die in the orientation I wanted.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:27 AM

Default fancy cut; meant fussy cut

Yes. Fussy cut was the correct descriptor of what I desired. Thanks to everyone for your helpful input. I have not heard of the alternative product and will certainly look into that item.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:37 AM

Has anyone used the scan and cut for appliqué? That is similar to fussy cut but I would think better.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by danlynmartin View Post
Has anyone used the scan and cut for appliqué? That is similar to fussy cut but I would think better.
I use the Scan and cut from Brother for so many things. Its great for applique, quilting, it'll even draw those 1/4 seam lines around your blocks, you can scan your fabric in, even several different pieces, and then the machine allows you to put the design on the fabric where you want, which is why its good for fussy cutting or if you have different sections of a block or design you want to cut, you can place it on the different fabric pieces and it'll cut them all at once. I know a lot of people have made comments about only cutting one layer at a time, but it is so fast and you can cut many pieces at one pass that its actually faster. You can cut paper, plastic, leather, scan documents onto your computer, use their online canvas to design your own designs to download onto usb and then cut. They also have a label and jewel designer to make your own. go to Brothers website to check it out. They have them at 3 different price points now, the only difference is what you get with it. From all that I've seen if you can do it, go with the highest price one because you'll pay more for the pieces individually than as a group. They even have special applique cutting fabric now. Check out their projects on the site along with all of the you tubes on it. The best thing is that you don't have to buy dies to use it. I love my Accu cut and love the rag quilter but love the Brother scan and cut even more. good luck but check it out