View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Charlee

I just hope that I've been able to help...and I know that I can count on you all for help to get rid of this last 10 lbs! :)

What it all boils down to is calories in/calories out. Don't ever let yourself eat below 1200 calories per day. That's what it takes to keep a 5 foot tall, COMATOSE woman alive! When you eat all of the vegies/fruit that you need to eat each day, along with the whole grains, you'll find that you're really pretty full...I had days when I had trouble making it to 1300 calories! (YEA!! That's when you get treats, IF you've eaten all the good stuff that you should have!)

It takes 3500 calories to make a pound of fat. If you have a day when you go over on your calories, give yourself a break! It's not the end of the world, and unless you ate 3500 calories MORE than what you would need to maintain your weight for that day, you're not going to gain a pound! It can be difficult to eat that many calories unless you feast on Marie Callender's pot pies and rich Sara Lee cakes and breads all day!

I'll be your biggest cheerleader!! I figure that with my spoiled rotten self (I give in to me A LOT!!), if *I* can do it, you all can!! :)

Walmart carries (as I'm sure other stores do) some exersize DVDs by Leslie Sansone called "Walk at Home". Now mind you, I'm still not convinced that these aren't a conspiracy to kill fat people, but I did use them and even got to where I can "walk" three miles with her. They cost about $10 each, and some come with exersize "equipment". It's a good burn...just check with your doctor first, and especially if you have health/heart problems!