Thread: Project Runway!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Project Runway is one of the series I always watch. I have watched it from season 1. Some of the designers are such characters. Santino from season 2 is one of my favorites. He was always doing unique outfits. Lots of leather and feathers and weird looking outfits but def not boring!

Laura in season 3 found out she was expecting her fifth child while on the show.

They do some interesting challenges. It isn't just people sewing. It is more about the designing aspect of it. They have had them design outfits using only newspaper from a local news office. They have had them use only things from a car one time.

One challenge was they could only use the clothes they had on at that moment for the challenge. They had to change and use only what they had been wearing.

Another challenge was they had these ladies who had been divorced bring their wedding gowns in (they ranged from the 60s to 2008) and the designers could only use the material in that dress. Some had long trains and some were just a sheath. So some had big full skirts and some didn't. So there were challenges of how much fabric to work with.

I enjoy the show.