Project Runway!

Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

I started watching this show last season and I like it a lot. It's amazing to see the designers cut and sew and have perfectly fitting clothes without a pattern. Of course I haven't seen one outfit I would wear down the street but it's sure fun to watch :lol:

It's on tonight on Lifetime. 9pm central.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:23 PM

I watched a few times. It makes me mad to see then struggling putting fabrics on top of a dressform with no idea or model on what to do and the next scene shows a wonderful tailored piece. so much goes on behind the camera thet I felt tricked.

Maria
Old 01-14-2010, 06:28 PM

We love that show! Having 2 daughters who also love to sew they come up with the coolest outfits. (nothing like they make on the show) The youngest (18 yrs,) has met 2 of the contestants and hopes to go to a fashion design college next year! I love Tim he's so cool!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

I think it would be too boring to show the actual sewing and stitching of the clothes. And the designers are sewing 16 hours straight everyday. They have the measurements of the models on the forms exactly to a tee. Didn't one model gain weight and the dress didn't fit? I think it was 1 lb and threw the whole design off.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 PM

I don't ask for much :(( All I want is to see a bit more of how they actually come up with the designs and just a tad more of the sewing. I feel they concentrate on the gossiping. Opps! I forgot is a reality show. I do like it when I forget that Heidi is absolutely gorgeous after having 4 babies in 5 years. She looks amazing!

Maria
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM

Love this show!!! Watching it now, have you seen Launch My line on Bravo? That is good too.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

I also love watching this show. It is amazing to watch some of the designers who use couture talents to make thier garments. The others use what is called, fabric draping on the dress forms, a few basic templets and tools.

It is amazing what you can make when you have a dress form. It is world's apart from making something from a comercially made pattern and not knowing if it will fit in the right areas. (If you know what I mean, LOL!) I would like to go and shop at some of the places they get to shop at for fabrics.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM

My daughter hooked me on Runway last season. I LOVE this show!!! We banish everyone from the living room and watch it and Models. My little granddaughter loves it also. Last season, I made a quilt and would sew the binding down while watching. I got several small lap quilts done and hope to do the same this season.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM

I have never watched it.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I watched a few times. It makes me mad to see then struggling putting fabrics on top of a dressform with no idea or model on what to do and the next scene shows a wonderful tailored piece. so much goes on behind the camera thet I felt tricked.

Maria
If you watched regularly you'd see that a whole lot of those clothes they send down the runway aren't so perfectly tailored.