Project Runway!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

I'm pretty sure Heidi has a lot of 'help' in the getting back to model shape. She is gorgeous. DD says lots more information is on the website about what goes on in the sewing room.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Power Poster

I have watched it a few times. It is interesting.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by samroberts01
Love this show!!! Watching it now, have you seen Launch My line on Bravo? That is good too.
I love Launch My Line too. I'm glad they finally sent Patrick home. He made virtually the same dress every time. The top was almost exactly the same on every one!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Power Poster

Project Runway is one of the series I always watch. I have watched it from season 1. Some of the designers are such characters. Santino from season 2 is one of my favorites. He was always doing unique outfits. Lots of leather and feathers and weird looking outfits but def not boring!

Laura in season 3 found out she was expecting her fifth child while on the show.

They do some interesting challenges. It isn't just people sewing. It is more about the designing aspect of it. They have had them design outfits using only newspaper from a local news office. They have had them use only things from a car one time.

One challenge was they could only use the clothes they had on at that moment for the challenge. They had to change and use only what they had been wearing.

Another challenge was they had these ladies who had been divorced bring their wedding gowns in (they ranged from the 60s to 2008) and the designers could only use the material in that dress. Some had long trains and some were just a sheath. So some had big full skirts and some didn't. So there were challenges of how much fabric to work with.

I enjoy the show.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Love this show!!! Watching it now, have you seen Launch My line on Bravo? That is good too.
I love Launch My Line too. I'm glad they finally sent Patrick home. He made virtually the same dress every time. The top was almost exactly the same on every one!
Ya I was surprised at his taste in clothes, I thought he might design some neat things because he dressed so neatly, but turned out I was wrong! He had some crazy stuff!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:28 AM

[quote=Rhonda]Project Runway is one of the series I always watch. I have watched it from season 1. Some of the designers are such characters. Santino from season 2 is one of my favorites. He was always doing unique outfits. Lots of leather and feathers and weird looking outfits but def not boring!

I love Santino! He was my favorite, I thought he should have won. I also like watching because it is so interesting to see what they come up with in the craziest of challenges!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

I love Santino! He was my favorite, I thought he should have won. I also like watching because it is so interesting to see what they come up with in the craziest of challenges!
LOL Wouldn't wear anything Santino created but I love his style! He has a quirky attitude too that is infectious. Rude sometimes but fun to watch.

Did anyone see the Project Runway challenge last night where they brought back some of the designers from the earlier seasons? There was Santino and Sweet P / Chris who is a costume designer / Jeffrey winner of season 5 and more. I think there were 8 or 10. It was fun to watch.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Love the show. I don't watch bc DH would hate it. My 17 yo student tapes it for me. She wants to be a designer. My favorite was the clothes they made from newspapers. I loved the coat. The tape ran out before the end of the show so I had to wait 2 weeks for my student to come back to class.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:13 PM

I also watch the show. Can't watch it on Thurs., so I watch it on Friday when it is aired again. This time there is a "guy" from Hawaii on the show although it says something else on his bio. It's Jay.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:29 PM

I get hooked on that show. They start running marathons on it and then I realize I sat through half a season! I usually catch myself sketching out the designs I might actually wear (whether on the runway or on the designers). :D