View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Irishrose2

Pam, here is the basic - there are a lot of free websites if you Google 'Whole30'.
http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/
I'm not finding it too far from what I was eating because of my allergies to gluten, corn, yeast, MSG, sulfites. Obviously, I was already eating quite clean. Had to give up chocolates and hot chocolate at night. And cheese and yogurt - I didn't realize how much cheese I was eating. I did want GF crackers for the first few days. Almonds are a good substitute. Weight loss in not why I'm on it.

Anna, I am familiar with the GI, but don't follow it too closely as the lists vary so much. Look up a plain white potato on several different sites. Basmati rice is lower than white rice. Brown might be a little lower but I don't like brown rice. Have you given up all artificial sweeteners? Nutrasweet and Splenda both play with your blood sugar. Are you having protein with every meal?
I wish lentils were prettier. I made soup for a friend and hated to deliver it to him. It was good, but not appetizing looking. The Whole30 doesn't allow legumes. A pot of bean soup may be the first thing I make in three weeks.

I need several clones. One for the garden, one to clean the house, one to shop and walk the dogs. That's the only way I'm going to get any quilting done. I will keep the cooking - I like that. Just cooking and quilting - then I would feel like I really am retired.