View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 06:36 AM
Janette

Originally Posted by quiltnmom View Post
My husband and I went yo visit my daughter that lives in the mountains. There is a darling quilt shop in the small town. We are planning to visit on a regular basis. The mountains were so peaceful. I an considering on purchasing a machine only for travel purposes. I have a Bernina at home as that is what my local shop sells. The shop in the mountains sells Janome. The offer great classes. I don't know if I should go with a Vernon's because that's what I'm used to, a Jsnome because that's. Whet the shop in the mountains sells or something entirely different since it wont be my primary machine. I would like to keep the cost at a minimum also.
Be very careful whatever machine you buy and ensure that your seams are the same on your travel and home machine. I bought a Kenmore from Sears as a travel machine. It had a 1/4 foot for quilting. I thought I had made sure it was a correct 1/4" on seams and took it to a class. Pieced some strips there then went home and finished up on my Bernina. Then I found that they didn't match. A tiny difference in a seams grows to a large difference if there are a lot of pieces in a strip.