View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Bree123

Pretty much all my quilts are baby/lap with extensive hand appliqué work. I finish my bindings by hand. I do at least some design work on them, but some are completely original. After getting feedback from professional resellers, I wouldn't sell for less than $700-800. My goal is to get in some shows so I can regularly ask $1500+ per quilt. People sometimes think that is far too much to ask for a quilt... Until I tell them I think they're getting paid too much making $1200/month (accounting for supplies, depreciation & overhead). They come back that even Wal-Mart workers make that. I am SURE I am worth at least as much as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Supplies/Overhead + $0.05/sq in for quilting + $10/hr minimum + 2.5% = price

Yes, that means some baby quilts that are $1200 or more. So far people are willing to pay to wrap their little one in quilted love. A good quilt will last to college & we all know stories about someone taking their baby quilt with them to college. So, yes, I price them like a nice piece of furniture because they will last that long and be loved more each day.

Glad to see the Quilting Market adjusting to support the true, appraised value of beautifully designed & constructed works of quilt art.

As a side note, the one in my avatar is my nephew's & I'd only ask $225 for it.

Last edited by Bree123; 08-24-2015 at 09:22 PM.