View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Irishrose2

"I also found a maxie dress on clearance for $7. I need to be sewn in the front so it doesn't gap open. I am heading up to the sewing room."
You do?? That will be painful. I'd rather sew the dress. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I agree on the capris. Those ankle pants just aren't for me because I don't wear cute sandals. Back from yoga. Other than a long series of warriors, J wasn't too hard on us. My balance was off tonight. "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down." My children had Weebles 40 years ago. Now occasionally, their mother is one. Oh, well, much better than a year ago. Very few neurothapy symptoms these day. Nerves can regenerate!

While I'm picking on you, I like "I am" rather than "I will." "I will" denotes the future - "I am" is the present. I want to eat healthy and lose weight NOW.

I admire your ability to go for a bike ride as school opens. I remember those first few weeks as being very tiring. After I retired I substituted for both parapros and health aides. Students used to ask me if I was a mean sub. I told them I could be as nice as they'd let me be - it depended on their behavior. Or I could as mean as I needed to be - it was up to them. Worked quite well.

Every parent needs to read Gary Chapman's '5 Languages of Love for Children'. It's easier to deal with children if you know what makes them feel loved. I bought a copy for my son and DIL. Her daughter was very difficult, though not like your charge, and didn't respond to the normal ways we communicate love. It was very hard for my son grasp the concept that some children need to have gifts in other to think anyone loves them.

I made chop suey today, then gave it all away because it was too salty for me. It was really good except for that. The person I gave it to eats more salt than I do so it won't go to waste.