View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 05:37 PM
PenniF

Originally Posted by June N View Post
I have an idea for a quilt for my GS about to be 1 1/2 yr old. It has a road on it that goes thru jungles with lions and tigers, to the shore with a pirate ship and seashells, farms with tractors and fields. cities, forests with bears and deer, streams with fisherman, construction sites, and all sorts of other neat scenes. Of course all the fabric pieces are going to be different sizes and shapes.

I just do not have the wherewithal to figure out how to put it together. Any ideas out there.
I know i say this way too often - but then again i am "old school" with most things i do - but a tablet of graph paper has always been my very best quilting tool. All my patterns are born there. Try out your idea on graph paper, deciding in advance how big each square will represent and you will soon see just how much you can incorporate into the size you want. I think your idea is very clever, and did not at all think your list of places to "visit" would be too much, as i pictured this as a large play on the floor quilt...it all depends on your scale.