View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Macybaby

Rodney, we had a lab and never had problems with her and the chickens except for the time one got into her kennel (a rather large section of the old barn). We had no idea one had wandered in there, so when we locked her in for the night, she must have decided it was hers! But she never bothered them when she and they were both out in the yard all day long.

Dog lived to be a nice old age, she's been gone for 3-4 years now.

We currently have 9 laying hens and a Roo - and a flock of 10 "this year" chicks, four pullets that will join the layers and 6 roos that will be off to freezer camp soon.

Cats - no momma, though we have one year old unfixed female - she had a visiting boyfriend this spring, but she didn't take. All our others are fixed. The cats aren't super happy about the change as they loved hanging out in the green house during the winter. Have not used it to start plants in five years, so I won't miss it.

DH decided this one will have a flat ceiling which will work better for having lights over the long arm. I plan on storing machine cases under the longarm - and that will free up space of at least one more machine in the Machine Shed. I'll have room to put machines along the two longer walls, and plan on having a row of shelves down the middle of the room. That is where most of my Singers will go, along with storage for my longarm supplies.