View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 PM
amma
Power Poster

I also pre packaged some of my own snacks. If I sit down with the box, bag or whatever...I will eat half or all of it in one sitting :oops: one serving is good, 6 is not LMBO

When I bring fresh fruits and veggies home, I wash and cut them up right away. For me, if I can grab them easily I am more apt to eat them.

I have one meal a week (within reason on portions) that I really like. Fried pork chop, a meal out, or what ever I am craving... that way I don't feel deprived and the other 20 meals for the week are on the diet. I also allow myself a treat here and there. If I keep goodies in the house, I WILL eat on them until they are gone :roll: So I buy single serving sized treat at a time.

An eye opener for me was when the fast food places started putting the calorie count on their menus... One meal 1200+ calories :shock: and most of the calories are fats. I may grab a burger, but I learned to forego the frys and drink. I take it home and have vegetables and a better beverage with it too. Or I have brought my own veggies with me if I am meeting friends and drink something else besides pop or shakes.