View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 AM
mtkoldra

Default working on appliqué quilt

Every Spring my flower garden is full of foxgloves and every summer I have lots of morning glories and I wanted to make this quilt with these two flowers in it.
I have come out with a design that might work. Some of the ideas are borrowed from different books or web sites, I should admit.

For years I really liked quilts with white or light background but lately that is changing, so my dilemma is that I have started this center panel on white fabric and now I have to continue with white, I think.

So today got more white fabric because for some reason the one that I used for the central panel is not longer in my stash and I do not want to search for it, either. so, another white on white will have to do.

I will try to include both pictures, of the center panel that is done and of my sketch of the rest of the quilt. The first checker board actually will be in green and white and the second might be something else, different color or not a checker board.
I would love some comments or suggestions from those of you who are much more experienced in appliqué quilting.
thanks and now hope that I can add both pics
Attached Thumbnails foxglove-appliq.jpg   foxglove-q-design.jpg