Old 09-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Quilt30

Default Posting Comments

Ok. Let me ask this question. Lets say a post is made and the quilter says he/she is a new quilter and this is the first quilt and asks for comments. The picture posted clearly shows workmanship that everything is wrong. Not just a mistake here and there.....but really bad work. What kind of comments does one make. Clearly the person needs help. There is no indication in the post of attempting to learn, in fact the poster says he/she is a self learner. Advice of "practice, practice, practice" is clearly not what the person needs. But, there are 150 comments that says, "been there", beautifutiful colors", "no quilt police here, you can do whatever you want", "the person receiving the quilt will appreciate it". Come on......someone who knows nothing about quilting can see mismatched seams. So what should one do......just ignore the post if you can't say something positive. This is the day and age of learning on the internet from many view points. What does one do?

an
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
I was just looking at the list of pictures that have been posted on the board, going to them and posting comments. Everyone of us, even the more experienced quilters, but mainly the beginners, would love comments about the pictures of our quilt projects. I have noticed on several of the pictures posted, there are around 2,000 views (or more) of the thread but only 20 or less comments posted. I would like to suggest that we take a couple of minutes to make a quick comment on these threads to offer encouragement to each other. Each comment only has to be 10 characters and could result in a "pat on the back" or a "way to go" to someone who really needed it. Just a thought from my heart that I think could make a big difference. GOD Bless