View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:32 PM
quilt938

Donna my first treadle was a new home- went to pick it up because I loved the looks just loved it. could not sew on that thing - struggled and struggled and finally managed -but I wanted it anyways. woman selling it had tons of treadles and suggested one of the 2 singers she had extras of (pretty common 27s she said and decals not w hat I'd call collector quality but hey I wanted to sew and loved the oldness) so I ended up sticking with the new home and added one of the singers. now both need belts..sigh...and want to actually sit down and learn them.

after turning down other treadles I've seen and really liked the looks of I'm kinda sorta learning a bit more about them but I still tend to go for looks. they take up a lot of space and I love looking at my machines- some more than others - but I also learned a bit about how some are a bit more user friendly in using. I'm thinking now if I find one I love, the parts are there to use it, the price is good, it works, and I can make space for it! then I'm getting it no matter what the brand. I was always thinking if it broke I'd never find a part but then it could be decoration and I don't think a lot of these older ones would break..at least I don't think they would...could be wrong though!

wish you lived closer to me! but I also love the redeye - dont have one treadled though