singer treadle question

Old 09-10-2015, 12:27 PM

thanks! the head I fell in love with has apparently attracted other attention on ebay(figured it would) so it's pretty much outside what I want to pay right now even though I'm still thinking about it. I mean, it's a design I've liked every single time I've seen it (tiffany/gingerbread) and looks pretty but my real favorite is the one with the roses or some kind of floral design though those aren't popping up around here and I don't think would be as easy to use as a 15. still thinking - haven't been pricing these on ebay so not sure what the normal price is. other machines have practically been falling in my lap HA! but i'm kinda burned on shipping - bought a pristine morse fotomatic 4300 from someone on facebook - it got here and he tried and luckily nothing major but the plastic accessory box was cracked badly(accessories were unopened and box brand new), machine got a couple of little nicks and one right on the front corner and one of the plugs(the light plug) was smashed completely off. it could have been worse. we pm'd back and forth and I'm happy enough with the machine but it was his 2nd time to ship one and I said I think he should consider styrofoam and bubble wrap and assume anything that heavy can and will crush something after the post office finishes handling it. 3 boxes had been used, newspaper, everything wrapped in separate bags- dude took a lot of time packing but gosh nothing like a previous experience with an individual where I almost had to look for a chain saw and collapsed over the boxes at least 2-3x struggling to get the machines out of the box - they were so tightly packed I couldn't even getmy hands in the box! sigh..can just see shelling out a lotta moolah for this beautiful 15 and it arrives messed up. I've seen this seller a lot though - treasure cellar? anyone bought from them? anyone here bidding on this same one ?! lol you never know and I'm not gonna jack the price up if I know someone I 'know' is bidding. anyone know anyone in houston tx area with one for sale?! I love kimberly's in katy but she has a different one i'm eyeballing and thinking if I DID get the one she has I could change out the heads but I like BOTH heads assuming I had this ebay one..she doesn't have this design - at least not yet but stuff shows up there every day I think!
Old 09-10-2015, 12:32 PM

Donna my first treadle was a new home- went to pick it up because I loved the looks just loved it. could not sew on that thing - struggled and struggled and finally managed -but I wanted it anyways. woman selling it had tons of treadles and suggested one of the 2 singers she had extras of (pretty common 27s she said and decals not w hat I'd call collector quality but hey I wanted to sew and loved the oldness) so I ended up sticking with the new home and added one of the singers. now both need belts..sigh...and want to actually sit down and learn them.

after turning down other treadles I've seen and really liked the looks of I'm kinda sorta learning a bit more about them but I still tend to go for looks. they take up a lot of space and I love looking at my machines- some more than others - but I also learned a bit about how some are a bit more user friendly in using. I'm thinking now if I find one I love, the parts are there to use it, the price is good, it works, and I can make space for it! then I'm getting it no matter what the brand. I was always thinking if it broke I'd never find a part but then it could be decoration and I don't think a lot of these older ones would break..at least I don't think they would...could be wrong though!

wish you lived closer to me! but I also love the redeye - dont have one treadled though