Old 09-13-2015, 02:10 PM
maryb119

I have entered many shows. Check with the show for the rules. Some require a hanging sleeve and some do not. Sometimes, the hanging sleeve has to be a certain number of inches from the bottom so that it will hang properly on what ever they are hanging it on. I like my quilts to show as good as they can so I actually iron them. I iron the back and then turn it over and iron the front. Then I lay it flat on the floor until I am ready to fold them and ship to the show. I check for any loose threads and clip them and look for anything that is not just to my liking and fix it before I send them. ALWAYS...ALWAYS....ALWAYS....LABEL YOU QUILT!!!! You should have your name and address on the label. I do not wash my quilts before a show. I want that crisp new looks for them. Take pictures of your quilt with you in front of it. It is great to have to ID purposes if you need them. Keep in mind that your quilt will be judged by both judges and the crowd going to the show. Their opinions are just that opinions and the only one that really counts is yours. It is your quilt and make it the way you want it made. Most of all, enjoy the show. Send us pictures of your quilt on display. We would all love to see them.