View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 01:49 AM
OhCanada

I use an iPad to read and browse online, I use it a lot. I prefer it to a dedicated e-reader such as Kindles or Kobos because you can do so much more with a tablet. I can do all my banking online, listen to music, take photos, email, make myself reminders/to do lists, track appointments with a calendar, and of course read and post to QB! There are so many Apps you can put on a tablet, and many of them are free. For example I recently put an App that records my husband's snoring - it graphs how long he snores, at what times and how loud - so with proof in hand I was able to convince him that he really does need to seek medical help.
I have a city library membership (free) and with that I can go online and search for books to borrow (free). I use an App called Overdrive, which lets me read anywhere, anytime, no Wifi connection necessary except for the brief time needed to download the e-book.
I hardly ever read paper books anymore, as I find it too tiring for my eyes - with tablets it is easy to make the display larger.

Of course tablets are more expensive to buy initially than a Kindle, but if you think that you would find the other features useful then it's worth it - IMHO