Thread: Now What?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 04:37 AM
huskyquilter

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I am definitely going to make that one I posted a link to on the second page. I just need to stop taking on so much. I didn't realize how much work and time these two gifts would take. I chose simple patterns for both, but I work about 70 hours a week. Quilting used to be my 'me' time, but when I'm on a deadline or under the gun, it becomes another stressful thing to get done. It's all self-imposed pressure (of course), nobody is pushing me, but I think once I get the gifts done, I'll feel much better. I really like being able to have multiple options/projects to work on/play with, but I just have too much going on in life to be turning my hobby into something with deadlines.

Kitsie, thanks for the complement, I can't say mine will look that beautiful, but I have a ton of grey fat quarters and I've been dying to do something somewhat scrappy with them. I just love how calming/yet interesting that quilt is, and I really enjoy paper piecing.

Trollystation: stitch678 and wildyard had some great ideas to help me pick a pattern. We should both commit to ourselves to make something we love for keeps!