View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 12:57 PM
DonnaFreak

Default No Pictures Yet, But.....

Howdy y'all. 😊

I just got home day before yesterday after driving from KY to CA and back! I flew out there in April to visit my best friend, and she told me then that if I found some way to haul it, she wanted me to have her mother's sewing machine in a cabinet. Her eyesight is getting so bad that she can't see to sew anymore, and she wanted someone to have it who would use it. So 3 weeks ago I bought a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, and a week later my nephew and I were on the road! The last time I was there, I wanted to go to M & L Fabrics in Anaheim, but without my own transportation I had no way to get there. So this time I made SURE I got to go!

Let me tell ya...if I lived close to this store, I'd go bankrupt in less than a year! There were SEVEN aisles of fabric that was folded and stacked about 3' high on two shelves on both sides of the aisle that was only $2.98/yard! This was high quality fabric! By the time I got to the cutting table, my cart was stacked so high that I was having to hold the fabric on the cart to keep it from falling off while I pushed it! I bought 2 yards of each fabric, one flannel fabric I bought 4 yards of to use to back a denim rag quilt, and 5 panels! I stationed my nephew in the line to the cutting table, then hit the notions aisle. I paid $200 for the fabric and they had a special going where you got a $20 coupon for every $100 you spent. They let me go ahead and use my two coupons toward my notions since I live so far away, so I got $45 worth of notions for only $5! As soon as I can get everything rearranged in my sewing room/bedroom so I can set the machine up, I'll post some pictures. It was a GREAT trip, and my nephew is tied with my CA friend in the best friend category, so I had a great travelling companion too. But MAN am I tired!! 😴😴😴

Donna