Thread: Quilt Guards
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Three Dog Night

I was at a quilt show last year with a friend who brought her friend who was a quilter; there was a small square of paper on the edge of quilt so you could turn and look at the back of the quilt. It even said to "hold here to turn". The woman kept grabbing quilts and turning the back without using the paper even as the quilt guild kept announcing over the PA system to please "only handle the quilts using the paper", I was so embarrassed that she just didn't seem to understand even after I and my friend kept pointing out the paper to her. And yes there were people walking around the show with food in hand and children with dirty fingers who also were touching the quilts. I like to be able to see the quilt backs and the quilting as it gives me inspiration and ideas but I would never touch a quilt without gloves or some other protection, I kept wondering how would she feel if one of her quilts was on display and hundreds of people kept touching it and by the end of the show it was soiled. The rules are there for a reason - to protect someone's hard work.