Old 09-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Shelbie

There are no perfect machines out there that I've been able to find. Your best bet is to try and find a machine that will work for the type of stitching you do. There is no point spending lots of $ to buy an embroidery machine if you never embroider. If you're quilting heavy duty animal crate pads you don't want a small lightweight machine. I have two Juki's a TL98Q and the newer Exceed HZL600. Between the two of them, I can do everything I need to do. The TL98Q is fast and powerful, only straight stitches and handles heavy layers and FM quilts beautifully with a throat big enough to handle a king sized quilt. The Exceed has lots of fancy stitches, a wonderful easy to use thread threader and cutter and pieces well. Both machines are not picky about thread and you could buy both new for $2500 Canadian. For me, these machines work better and were less expensive than buying a Bernina or top of the line Janome. Decide what features you need and then take fabric samples and try out the models before laying down your cash.