Thread: Not Again !!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Just Jan

After looking at your before pictures, the first thing that came to my mind is that its time to hit the thrift stores and antique shops! That cabinet you had your machines in is awesome. Bet you can find some similar pieces of furniture for a song at thrift stores. One of my favorite items is the old fashioned TV stands on wheels. I made a large ironing board on one and can roll it from one area to another if I choose. I store tubs of stuff underneath. I have another that I put a smaller top on and it has a cutting mat for those little projects at the sewing machine area. I butt it up to my sewing table, in an L shape. It also doubles out as a table to hold the bulk/weight of a quilt I am quilting on my DMS. I added wood tops to them so they are the same height as my sewing area. I can pretty much just roll from one area to another and it really helps me a lot with my back problems. I stand/walk to use my design wall or select fabrics or to use my large cutting-sandwiching table on days when I feel better, but love having those handy little TV carts. They seem to have endless uses and only cost $3 to $5 and some paint, and I got to "play" with my power tools. ;o) Yep, definitely time to hit the thrift stores. You can find real wood cabinets for less than the imitation wood stuff from the big box stores. My current project is converting a real wood student desk ($10) into another sewing cabinet with a 36x30 drop leaf on the back. The drop leaf cost $2 and all I'm buying new is the hardware. For some reason my phone will not send pix to my computer now, so guess maybe I need to get a new phone. Anyway, soon as I can, I will try to post some pix. Hope this gives you some ideas.