Old 10-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Feather3

My husband made me a wall rack that will hold about 177 spools. I organize mine by the thread color chart I got from my dealer. I have a pocket chart (same as larger chart from dealer) that I mark each color I have, so when I need to buy thread I know what colors I already have. If I need to add a color I just move the rest of the spools to the right one space on the rack. This way they are lined up by the color lots, i.e., yellows, blues, greens, teals, reds, etc. When I pull colors for a project I open my chart, find the number, as too many are close in color to remember all those numbers. Some are off colors that the company stuck in some place. When doing a project I line the spools up in a row according to the project sheet, sewing order.

When testing a design if you do it on a piece of fabric big enough to turn into a block or whatever later it's less waste of materials.

Many now no longer hoop the fabric. Hoop the stabilizer, place the fabric on top and use the stitch baste your machine has and/or sticky stabilizer, and or 505 spray. It's sort of learn as you go, as each machine is different. Take notes so you remember what works best for your machine. If you have a embrodery computer program you can print out the design & put your notes on that. I then put mine in plastic sleeves & a 3 ring binder.

Good luck & enjoy your new machine .