View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Bree123

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Interesting to me that people ask and really know what they want to do. If they are the type to change something, they will, regardless of how many people say "galloping horse" etc. If they are the type to live with it, they will disregard when people say "It is your quilt, but it would bother me and I would change it". I think we all pretty much already know what we will do. At least that is my humble opinion!!
I don't know. I'm sure that's the case at least some of the time, but speaking for myself -- although I generally don't unsew a block I've finished, I asked for feedback here on how to rescue my block without unsewing & was told I needed to either unsew or remake it. I tried for a bit to get away without doing so & quickly came to the conclusion that I truly did need to cut new pieces for the exterior of a few blocks & use them to replace the ones causing me trouble. I'm truly grateful for the feedback from QB-ers because it helped me realize that this was one of the rare times where refusing to unsew would result in practicality issues (not just minor aesthetic problems). I work mainly with applique where unsewing is almost never a necessity so I needed the insight of those here who are more practiced with the piecing aspect of our craft.