View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 04:41 AM
barbgooch

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
This is a really cute quilt, and has some great spaces for FMQ. I would first SITD, mostly to stabilize the quilt, and then probably do feathers in the setting triangles on the outside. Some pebbling or other tight background surrounding the flying geese would make them pop. Outline the figures of the bears, and some sort of filler in the gold surrounding them, perhaps straight lines that radiate from each corner. In the white area around the bears I would also do something with a matching thread, perhaps something to do with each letter (repeats of the letter in different fonts perhaps?). You could have a lot of fun quilting this very cute quilt! But since it is for a child, decide whether it's to be hung on a wall or played with on the floor. If the latter, you may not want to invest so much time in the quilting. If the former, it could also be a show quilt.
Lots of great ideas. Thank you. I'm thinking it's really to big for a baby quilt. I do want to put it into my guild's quilt show next year, so I want to do some quilting that will show. After that I wanted to see if some school or education group would like it for their office, classroom, or raffle item.

I've already SITD around the main blocks, and I do want to do something fancier in the setting triangles. It was mainly what to do in the blocks. Thanks for your help.