View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Jeanne S

Originally Posted by tatavw01 View Post
Who did the study? Very important question!
I looked into this a little more. James Greiff is an Editor of the Wall Street Bloomburg group. The research study he quoted in the article is called "Accumulation of Microplastic on Shorelines Worldwide: Sources and Sinks", and the study was done by a long list: School of Biology & Environmental Sciences, University College Dublin, Science Centre West Belfield, Dublin, IrelandCentre for Research not he Ecological Impacts of Coastal Cities, All School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney, AustraliaMarine Biology & Ecology Research Group, School of Marine Science & Engineering, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Canada School of Biosciences and the College of Life & Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
Evidently this was published on September 6, 2011, in Environmental Science & Technology, (not one of my regular magazines!!! LOL) so is not new.
I googled it an it came right up on pubs.acs.org if you are interested in a little light reading.