Thread: Home phones
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I'm not sure what part you are talking about. You have your basic service and x amount of jacks in your house. Here you aren't charged for the number of phones you use in your house just to have additional jacks installed if you need them. all of the phones I was talking about would be covered under your basic service. If you have the ones that have a base phone plus extra extensions you don't pay extra for them. They all plug into an electrical wall outlet and the extenstions pick up the signal from the main phone that is plugged into a jack. Like I have one main phone that is electric and it came with 4 extensions but I only need one phone jack to use it.

But yes, you have a basic fee and it increases depending on how many services you have added to it. For just service with no additional services like voice mail, caller id or forwarding you can pay around 20 a month. To me that's worth it.
I thought you were talking about it being free since a lot of posters are trying to cut costs. I know our true landline costs a monthly fee and we have jacks to plug in traditional phones. We also have cordless phones as you described that use electricity and therefore don't work during a power outage.