View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 04:54 AM
Mitch's Gram

It's been so long since I bought real quilting fabric. Honestly, it was long before this moratorium came along. I hadn't been able to sew for close to a year due to tearing up floors to lay new ones and then moving things around so I could have a new sewing space and painting and other things that I couldn't get to my sewing area to quilt. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been at least 18 months since I've been able to shop and buy anything new. Other than the fabric for the roman shades, but those were necessary and it's not the same thing as nice quilting fabric.

Well, I'm going to have to buy some very soon. I need fabric for my grandson's bed quilt. I thought I had what was perfect fabric in my stash and I was so excited to use it. I cut a few strips, laid them out together and took a photo to send to DD. She looked at them and told me they were too old-fashioned and not bright enough for the quilt she was seeing in her head. Well, I don't have enough of anything she's thinking about and she's not thinking scrappy. Okay, but I don't have a quilt shop here, I don't want to buy on-line, so that means a trip and I don't have time to just take a trip. I work full time.

Still, I guess I need to make time to go shopping. She and DSIL.....yes, he loves my quilts and helps in the planning....want a chevron quilt in blue, green and gray. The blue and green have to be very bright and the gray pale. I even know how to quilt it already.

In the meantime, I've been piecing a scrap quilt from my stash and finishing the hand quilting on a UFO I've had put away for years. I had done the majority of the hand quilting in the blocks, but put it away when it got too hot to work on it. Now that it's cool in the house, it's the perfect time to work on it. Just 3 more blocks and I'm done and I can trim and add the binding.