View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 11:58 AM
GarageDragon

Default Singer 15-90 'alike' (I think) problems!

I have not been in this part of the board so far - I have been enjoying finding my way about in the main part of the forum, where the amount of help is wonderful: I was very much hoping I could be pointed in the right direction by someone in the vintage machine section...

I have recently been very kindly gifted a Jones 101B, which, after doing a little digging, looks like it is probably a Singer 15-90 copy (which is great news as far as getting new feet goes!). I have been trying to get it running (I was told it worked fine about 6-7 years ago when it happily sorted out new curtains and soft furnishings, but has been tucked away in an attic ever since), but having problems:

• When starting sewing, it needs the balance wheel turning by hand to get going, as if the motor is not powerful enough to start things off
  • I tried to change needles, and now when I try to tighten the needle screw, the needle is pushed too far to the left, and gently hits the foot (if I insert it the wrong way around according to the manual, it is pushed to the right, and seems to be in the correct position, foot wise).

I have tried to find some pointers on the internet, but not been very successful - does anyone know where I might try looking for help (or even better, have some ideas I might try)?

Thank you!!!