View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:37 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Your top is absolutely beautiful. One thing I would demand (but be prepared to pay a premium for it) is SID of the main elements of your piecing. Ditching will help to emphasize the design of the patchwork and really make this quilt shine. If the LAQ of your choice won't ditch it then keep looking for one that will. I would also recommend dense background fills. Be advised that any quilting done in your border fabric won't show much because it is such a busy fabric. So perhaps a simple beadboard would work best in that area.

Another item to emphasize the patchwork and de-emphasize the quilting is to use a fine thread that will blend in. Such as silk or Invisifil. Silk and invisifil sink down into the fabric so you don't see thread only the texture left behind. I used Invisifil on this quilt. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t265846.html

The LAQ could also use thread like So fine or Bottom Line

In addition to looking at Green Fairy's quilting (Judi Madsen) I would also look at Karen McTavish. Karen specializes in Victorian style feathers and does such amazing work, she would surely compliment this top to the Nth degree. Other quilters to consider are Margaret Solomon Gunn's work (Mainely Quilts of Love) and Bethanne Nemish (White Arbor quilting). All of them are award winning quilters who do drop dead gorgeous work. Google them their blogs or websites should come up for you.

Be prepared to mail the quilt out. There may not be a local LAQ near you that is willing (or able) to do what you want done. Keep looking until you find the right one.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-03-2015 at 09:41 AM.