Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you quilts this please >

How would you quilts this please

How would you quilts this please

Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Gorgeous and I can see why you want the pattern to show. Go over to a quilt site that you like the quilting on and take pictures with you? I'm thinking either Judi Madsen or Angela Walters sites. They both do great negative space quilting.
Myself I would do ruler work in the cream spaces between the designs fairly densely and simple ruler work in the different bands of colours within the designs.

Your kaliedscopes are gorgeous! I totally agree with Tartan and would ask the long armer to match thead color with blocks even if I means multiple thread changes--it will cost you more but it' sure worth it.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:03 AM

What a wonderful quilt. It will be magnificent when it is quilted. Good job.

Susan
Old 11-04-2015, 04:40 AM

Goodness, your english paper piecing beautiful. And all the fussy cutting... stunning visual impact. On my EPP projects, I generally do a slight arc between the points rather than straight stitch in the ditch. It give the effect of SITD, without needing to be so perfectly accurate. An added bonus is that it will not cut your threads. (if that is truly possible.) In the background, I'd echo the EPP elements once, then do a heavier pattern in order to "push" your piecing forward.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:58 AM

Beautiful quilt.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:14 AM

Very soft and peaceful, but has lots of movement due to your fabric choices. Lovely. Nice work.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:01 PM

The piecing has a kaleidoscope feeling, and I would want the quilting to enhance that. A good custom longarm quilter can tell you more than one way to do that. If you aren't happy with the ideas of the first person you discuss it with, take your quilt home with you and find another person until you find the one who sees a vision of the quilt that you DO like. No one should feel insulted because you do that. It's your quilt and the vision of the quilter and the longarmer have to come together. Something can be perfectly lovely, someone can be a great quilter, and it still isn't right for what you want. Don't be afraid to say so.