View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Bree123

Originally Posted by Skhf View Post
To Bree123 Concerning your table needs, have you looked at Leah Days website? She sells the gidget II table with a custom made insert for $280. Last Christmas I think it was even on sale. I love it and even discovered I could use my acrylic Viking insert with the table as well. Doesn't fit into the cutout exactly but still provides an even flat surface. My dream machine would FMG well despite my talents!
Yeah. I looked at that one, but it only has about 11" to the left of the machine to support a quilt. I went with an IKEA Hack on their INGO table. Am getting a custom acrylic insert for it, but it's still not ideal because there will always be some friction from the table top. In addition, Bernina for some reason designed their extension table to be slanted. The right side is higher than the left by 1/2" and the center is higher than the front or back. So I need to get rid of the extension table in order to not have the weight of the quilt pulling against me when I FMQ. Some friction is always going to be there regardless of material unless something new is invented (which is my wish), but there are ways to reduce it to a nominal amount which is what each of us strive to accomplish within our budget. Thank you for taking the time to try & help me realize my dream.