Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting tools I wish I could buy! >

Quilting tools I wish I could buy!

Quilting tools I wish I could buy!

Old 11-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Skhf View Post
To Bree123 Concerning your table needs, have you looked at Leah Days website? She sells the gidget II table with a custom made insert for $280. Last Christmas I think it was even on sale. I love it and even discovered I could use my acrylic Viking insert with the table as well. Doesn't fit into the cutout exactly but still provides an even flat surface. My dream machine would FMG well despite my talents!
Yeah. I looked at that one, but it only has about 11" to the left of the machine to support a quilt. I went with an IKEA Hack on their INGO table. Am getting a custom acrylic insert for it, but it's still not ideal because there will always be some friction from the table top. In addition, Bernina for some reason designed their extension table to be slanted. The right side is higher than the left by 1/2" and the center is higher than the front or back. So I need to get rid of the extension table in order to not have the weight of the quilt pulling against me when I FMQ. Some friction is always going to be there regardless of material unless something new is invented (which is my wish), but there are ways to reduce it to a nominal amount which is what each of us strive to accomplish within our budget. Thank you for taking the time to try & help me realize my dream.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
And put the presser foot lever on the front or end of the machine so we don't have to reach under the throat!
A knee lift would give you that. You don't have to operate it with your knee. You could move it with your hands (though I love the convenience of it being hands-free).
Old 11-07-2015, 03:35 PM

first on my list would be top loading bobbins
Old 11-07-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
And put the presser foot lever on the front or end of the machine so we don't have to reach under the throat!
This was my thought too, teaching my granndie how to sew and finding that lever w/little hand can be tricky as sge can't see it.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:16 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by bjdemir View Post
If you have carpeting in your sewing room, Velcro will keep your foot pedal in place. When or if we change out the carpeting, I will NOT put carpeting down again though.
I don't have carpeting as my floors are wood laminate over a concrete slab. I have tried using several things to keep the foot pedal from moving but even that waffle stuff that you can put under area carpet to keep it from moving doesn't seem to help. If that is my worse problem then I am a fortunate human being.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I too dislike the yellow marking ruler..I really prefer quilters rule..nice black lines that can be seen clearly......

I don't like the yellow marks on the ruler, but that was all I had for years. Too hard to see.
I ended up putting a piece of tape on the place that I was using at the time.

I have large hands and it's really difficult working on needle change and/ or removing shank if needed to change some attachments..... I bet it was NOT a woman involved in the design of sewing machines.......
Me Too. I bet it was not a woman involved in the design either.